The River Cities Thunder Volleyball Club was formed to give girls in the Tri-State area (KY, OH, & WV) an opportunity to enhance their volleyball skills and then test those skills against other girls in a structured, competitive environment. It is our goal to provide opportunities for our girls to compete at the highest possible level against teams from other areas.
CLUB DIRECTOR:Brian Brickett
- Mitch Jacobs – Marshall University Head Volleyball Coach
- Patrick Nicholas – Assistant Volleyball Coach, Marshall University
- Patrick Nicholas – Assistant Volleyball Coach, Marshall University,
- Ellen Hayes – Assistant Volleyball Coach, Marshall University,
- Taylor Tanner -Marshall Player and Third Year Coach with River Cities
- The Marshall University Players – The entire team gets involved and will be a mainstay at practices for both travel and league teams.
Parent Coaches: We will once again use a parent coach for each team to assist with coaching duties at practices and tournaments. These parent coaches will be trained at USAV coaching clinics to become certified to assist in coaching responsibilities.During the season, the Marshall coaching staff will have recruiting responsibilities that take them out of town. When this conflicts with a tournament, the parent coach will run the team for that tournament.
FUTURE PARENT COACHES: We would love to have more volunteers to begin training as coaches. You would be able to serve as assistant coaches for your daughter’s travel or league team.